Recently CCC embarked on a journey too seek God’s direction for the next phase of our ministry as a congregation. During this period long hard work at our our community and asked the question: Who does God want us to be and what does God want us to do in this community at this time. The following mission, vision, and values were the result:
The mission of Christ Community Church is to transform lives with the hope of Jesus Christ!
- JESUS: We value our commitment to Christ over and above anything and everything in this world! As the writer of Hebrews (1:9) puts it: He is the exact representation of God, and therefore God’s way!
- REPENTANCE: Without repentance, there is no forgiveness for sin (Luke 5:32, Acts 3:19).
- THE CROSS: We are committed to the cross of Jesus as the apex of history. All scripture looks forward or back to the cross; for without out the cross, Paul tells us that our faith is in vain (1 Corinthians 15:17).
- SCRIPTURE: We are committed to the Bible because John 1:14 tells us that Jesus was and is the Word of God made flesh. And because He is the Word of God, we will strive to understand the whole of scripture through the person and work of the incarnate Christ revealed to us in the gospels.
- GRACE: Like Jesus, we are committed to grace no matter the cost! Remember Christ’s commitment to extending grace to sinners is what sent him to the cross!
- DIVERSITY: Jesus paid a high price so God could be worshiped in great diversity for all eternity. Revelation 5:9 tells us that it was “His blood” that purchased “persons from every tribe and language and people and nation” to stand before the throne and worship Him.
MORE ON OUR COMMITMENT TO JESUS
Because we are committed to have Jesus be the center of everything we do, say, and believe Christ Community Church is:
- Committed to Jesus as Savior and Lord.
- Committed to not just worshiping Jesus on Sunday morning, but following him into our world.
- Committed to a Christ-centered interpretation of scripture.
- Committed to Christ’s kingdom before, over, & above any and all earthly kingdoms.
- Committed to the good news of Jesus.
- Committed to the simple life of Jesus.
- Committed to Jesus as the Prince of Peace.
- Committed to communion with Christ in the body of Christ, His church.
For more on this commitments listen to our sermon series: Jesus at The Center.
To Be ONE with God: To be one with God is to love Him and obey Him as Lord.
To Be ONE with Others: Love Them – When we experience God’s love and grow in our love for Him, our hearts will overflow with a love for others no matter how different they are.
THE IMPORTANCE OF UNITY
Hours before Christ went to the cross, He prayed for our UNITY as Christians; that is how important unity is to Him. Here is His prayer:
My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. (John 17:20-22)
Why is our unity so important to Christ?
Because our unity is essential for letting the world know the Good News that God loves us so much He sent His son Jesus to save, redeem, liberate and restore us and our world and our world from the affects of sin. Our unity is essential to accomplish God’s great mission for His church. Therefore unity is the essential value that drives all the ministries and programs of Christ Community Church.
Christ Community Church is part of the Converge Movement of Churches.
Want to know more about the Converge Movement of Churches? Click here: https://converge.org/
To learn more about our regional movement of churches “Converge Mid-Atlantic” click here: http://www.convergemidatlantic.com/