Church Sign 2

Our congregation has a nearly 200-year history in Niagara County and the Lockport Vicinity.  We were founded in 1816 as Cambria Baptist Church and moved into the Village of Lockport in 1824 as the Erie Canal was being  built.  Over the course of the  past 200 years we have had 6 different church names and three  different buildings all near downtown off Pine Street.  In recent history, our congregation has witnessed  serious neighborhood decline.  Twenty years ago we  looked around to find our church smack dab in the middle of the City of Lockport’s first ever officially designated Impact-zone for drug trafficking, crime, and distressed properties and grappled with the notion to relocate to the town.  After a lot of debate and soul-searching our members elected to stay put  and be the light of Christ in the midst of this darkness as we reach out in our community with God’s love and grace.

Our church  has seen its share of ups and downs over the course of the past 200 years.  Today we have embarked on a process of  renewal and revisioning where our prayer is that God will show us how he wants to express himself through our church, in this community, at this time in history.  As part of this process God has called us to leave our former denomination to partner with the Converge movement of churches.  Additionally he has given us a  new name (we were formerly First Baptist) to go with our renewed vision.

We are excited for our future and cannot wait to see what God has in store for   us next!

Church History